Welcome to the Casey Backpack sew-along. The Casey Backpack is a sewing pattern for a full-size backpack that includes two storage areas, an organizer for school supplies, two bottle holders, and padding for comfort when carrying heavy books. This pattern can be easily adjusted to fit your personal needs. For the next 11 days, I will be posting helpful tips for sewing your backpack, plus ways to customize it. Please share your finished backpacks on Instagram using the tag #caseybackpack.
- Choosing the Right Fabrics and Supplies
- Color Blocking and Adding a Welt Pocket
- Assembling Pocket Front and Variations
- Bias Binding
- Installing Zipper and Attaching the Bottom
- Pocket Organizer and Variations
- Assembling Front and Sides Together
- Padding Options
- Assembling the Straps and Variations
- Assembling the Back and Top-stitching Variations
- Finishing Assembly
Purchase the pattern on Etsy.