Frozen

I hand embroidered the Anna costume. Took me 120 hours. Now I could do it by machine in a lot less time. The Kristoff costume tunic is self-drafted. I also knitted the sweater worn underneath, it was my first knitting project.

Anna Costume Complete!

I have completed the Anna costume. Simplicity 1233 (0733) overall is a good pattern. I made a few changes and had only one difficulty. I starter by hand embroidered the bodice and skirt. It took 120 hours to do all the embroidery. I had interfaced the skirt and bodice before embroidering or assembling. I embroidered …

Tinkerbell

This costume was harder to sew up than I had expected it to be. Here are the pictures of my daughter’s Tinkerbell costume and the Tinkerbell costume for her baby. The picture came out great despite the windy day. The wings kept flapping forward in the wind, however the skirt looked great in the wind.

Making a Merida Costume

So to make the Merida costume I changed the fabric I had planned on buying from the Micro Brushed Twill Hunter Green from Fabric.com to a satin taffeta from Joann’s. It was cheaper and was more of the blue green that matched Merida’s dress. The dressed sewed together rather quickly until I got to the …

Progress on the Rapunzel Dress

I haven’t finished the Rapunzel dress yet but here are some photos of my progress. First I did the bodice last week…   Then I started working on the skirts. When working with satin, especially costume satin, you should serge all the seams/hems. If you don’t have a serger try a zigzag stitch. Here are …